BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Vixens - Voodoo Child

The Vixens - Glam Punch

The Vixens - Glam Punch

The Vixens Myspace (Click Image)

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Initial Ideas


Chase & Status - Running
From the Album More Than Alot, 2008

I have picked this song as one of my initial ideas as even though it is recent, when this was released Chase & Status were still fairly unknown and therefore there is not yet a music video for it.

The song has lyrics which means we can have lip syncing in the video but I was thinking of the video being concept based as well as performance. The music starts of quite upbeat and happy but can be quite dark and heavy at times. This gives me the image of a dark and dingy setting, possibly some slow motion and flashes of bright lights. The concept I have thought of is loneliness and isolation shown by contrasting shots of busy places and the performer alone somewhere lip syncing to the song. I can also imagine a short narrative of a boy and a girl with possibly almost violent sexual encounters and a clear dependence of the guy on the girl.

I have not written a full treatment as of yet though, but am planning to do this after running the idea past the group to see whether it is worth looking at this track in more depth, or to leave this track and move on with another idea.

0 comments: