BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Vixens - Voodoo Child

The Vixens - Glam Punch

The Vixens - Glam Punch

The Vixens Myspace (Click Image)

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Initial Ideas



Nneka - Heartbeat Chase & Status Remix

I have chose this track as an initial idea as it also does not have a music video yet, although it is recent, and because it has lyrics. Luckily the lyrics are by a female which means we could either use someone from our group or find a friend who is willing to be in the video, and we think it would be easier to find a girl to perform in our video than a guy.

I like this song as an idea for our music video as I think it has obvious beats which we would be able to edit to and the music has different stages which will allow us to change the pace of the editing to keep the music video interesting.

Like my other initial idea, I think it would be best to keep the video predominantly concept based, with only a little bit of narrative so that it does not seem like a short film to music. With the narrative I imagine a guy and a girl having an argument when they are out, most likely at a club, and the concept afterwards is the way that he makes her feel. This idea comes from the line 'can you feel the pain you're causing', so I imagine the girl acting in severe pain, lost and feeling isolated and alone even though she is in a crowded club. The song is quite dark and ominous and therefore I think the club scene, possibly of the nightclub Fabric which it is possible to get filming permission for, fits with the music really well.

The beat will also allow us to use some effects really well, particularly lighting. At one point the beat is short and frequent and at this point I imagine strobe lighting (which they use at fabric) and at other changes in the beat I think it would be effective to use bright flashes as well as darkness and dimming, reflecting how she feels.

0 comments: